Author: Robert Leitao
- 12 eggs
- 6 cups whole milk
- 1 cup sugar to brown in the pan
- 1 cup sugar for the flan
- 3 tablespoons vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Add orange or lemon zest if one desires a different flavor
- Brown one cup of sugar in pan and let cool.
- Mix all remaining ingredients.
- Warm liquid to shorten time in oven.
- Pour into pan and cook in water bath at 350 degrees.
- Check with cake tester or bamboo skewer 45 minutes to an hour and a half depending upon temperature of liquid.
- Overcooking will create bubbles and undesirable texture.