Saturday, February 9, 2019 @ 3:00pm, at Macau Cultural Center, 109 J Street (corner of Niles Blvd.), Fremont, CA 94536
An Annual General Meeting of Members of the Lusitano Club of California, a California non-profit mutual benefit corporation (the “Lusitano Club”), will be held at 3pm on Saturday, February 9, 2019, at Macau Cultural Center, 109 J Street, Fremont, CA 94536, for the following purposes:
- To elect a board of up to eleven (11) directors, including four (4) directors who will also serve as President, Vice-President, Treasurer or Secretary, to serve for the ensuing year and until their successors are elected; and
- To consider and act upon such other matters as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment thereof.
Only Members of record at the close of business on September 28, 2018 are entitled to notice of and to vote at the meeting or any adjournment thereof.
Nominations for Directors and Officers
Nominations for directors and officers in writing stating the name of the Member nominated and, if applicable, the officer position for which such Member is nominated, were submitted to the Lusitano Nominating Committee, 582 Market Street # 2001, San Francisco, CA 94104, by mail or via fax to 415.397.0835 no later than December 18, 2018. All voting Members 18 years of age and over on record at the close of business on September 28, 2018 are qualified to be a director. The nominees for the 2019 Lusitano Board are as follows:
- Director & President: Maria Roliz
- Director & Vice-President: Chris daRoza
- Director & Secretary: Jessica Xavier
- Director & Treasurer: Dorothy Oliveira
- Directors: Michael Carion, Maria Joao da Cruz, Nuno da Cruz, Suzie Ferras, Ken Harper, Kirk Harper, Leonardo Xavier
Election for Directors and Officers
The By-Laws of the Club provide for the election of directors and officers once a year at our Annual General Meeting (AGM). Our upcoming AGM will be held on Saturday, February 9, 2019, 3:00pm at the Macau Cultural Center, 109 J Street, Fremont, CA 94536.
For eligible Members who will not attend the meeting in person, absentee ballots and proxies will be mailed out by the Club by December 31, 2018. Absentee ballots/Proxies must be signed, dated, and received by mail to the Lusitano Election Committee, 1527 46th Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94122 by February 8, 2019 or by hand delivery before the call for votes at the meeting on February 9, 2019. Late ballots/proxies will not be counted. All ballots/proxies will only be opened and counted at the AGM on Saturday, February 9, 2019.