Bacalhau com Natas
Author: Maria Joao da Cruz
- 4 4”x4” squares of bacalhau
- 9 medium size russet potatoes
- 2 medium size onions thinly cut
- 4-5 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 medium size carton whipping cream
- Soak bacalhau overnight to remove most of the salt.
- Boil with peeled potatoes until soft.
- Shred bacalhau.
- Mash potatoes and mix together.
- Fry onions, garlic and paprika in olive oil until onions are soft.
- Add to mashed potatoes.
- Mix in whipping cream.
- Pour into 9”x13” tray.
- Top with bread crumbs and bake until top is golden brown.