Pasteis de Bacalhau (Salted Cod Fritters)
Author: Maria Joao da Cruz
- 1 good size slice of codfish
- 4 potatoes
- 4 large eggs
- 3 clovers garlic
- Oil for frying
- Bake cod. Put aside.
- Bake the potatoes.
- Mash potatoes and shred the cod, removing bones and skins.
- In a large bowl, mix the two ingredients and add parsley and finely chopped garlic.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring well with a wooden spoon between each one.
- Season with pepper.
- Heat the oil.
- Mold into shape and fry in the oil until they start to brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot or cold.