Saturday, February 10, 2018 @ 3:00pm, at Macau Cultural Center, 109 J Street (corner of Niles Blvd.), Fremont, CA 94536
An Annual General Meeting of Members of the Lusitano Club of California, a California non-profit mutual benefit corporation (the “Lusitano Club”), will be held at 3pm on Saturday, February 10, 2018, at Macau Cultural Center, 109 J Street, Fremont, CA 94536, for the following purposes:
- To elect a board of up to eleven (11) directors, including four (4) directors who will also serve as President, Vice-President, Treasurer or Secretary, to serve for the ensuing year and until their successors are elected; and
- To consider and act upon such other matters as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment thereof.
Only Members of record at the close of business on September 27, 2017 are entitled to notice of and to vote at the meeting or any adjournment thereof.
Nominations for Directors and Officers
Nominations in writing stating the name of the Member nominated and, if applicable, the officer position for which such Member is nominated, were submitted to the Lusitano Nominating Committee, 582 Market Street # 1905, San Francisco, CA 94104, by mail or via fax to 415.397.0835 no later than December 17, 2017. All voting Members 18 years of age and over on record at the close of business on September 27, 2017 are qualified to be a director. The nominees for the 2018 Lusitano Board are as follows:
- Director & President: Jessica Xavier
- Director & Vice-President: Maria Roliz
- Director & Secretary: Annie Puska
- Director & Treasurer: Dorothy Oliveira
- Directors: Michael Arion, Maria Joao da Cruz, Nuno da Cruz, Ken Harper, Kirk Harper, Leonardo Xavier
Election for Directors and Officers
The By-Laws of the Club provide for the election of directors and officers once a year at our Annual General Meeting (AGM). Our upcoming AGM will be held on Saturday, February 10, 2018, 3:00pm at the Macau Cultural Center, 109 J Street, Fremont, CA 94536.
For eligible Members who will not attend the meeting in person, please submit an absentee ballot. Ballots/Proxies by mail/fax must be received on or before February 10, 2018 3:00pm. Late ballots/proxies will not be counted. All ballots/proxies will only be opened and counted at the AGM on Saturday, February 10, 2018.