Prawns Piri-Piri (Hot Chili Prawns)
- 18 large prawns (6 inches in length)
- 1 cup chili peppers (red cayenne peppers)
- ½ cup garlic cloves
- ½ cup butter
- 5 bay leaves
- ¼ cup brandy
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Paprika to taste
- Salt to taste
- Cut off legs from the prawns, split the back of the shells without cutting them in half.
- Chop the chilies, garlic and bay leaves, mixing them with the oil and butter. When the butter dissolves and the ingredients well infused, transfer the mixture to a blender and grind for a few minutes until it is puréed to a smooth paste.
- Stuff and marinate the prawns with the chili puree, leave for an hour or so, then fry them in a pan and serve hot.